Thiago - Mexican tiles - 22 pieces
- Dimensions: 15 cm x 15 cm
- Original Talavera Tiles From Mexico
- Quantity: 22 tiles in the box: 1 designs
- Scratch and abrasion resistant pattern
- Mineral, lead-free paints.
- Application: walls (sometimes used for floors).
- No duties, easy exchanges and returns!
- Low-cost and fast delivery within Europe.
- For deliveries outside Europe ask us for a shipping price.
We hope, we're almost sure, that our Hand-painted Tiles will bring smile to your face whenever you see them. You really can't get bored with those tiles, because you discover them, tile after tile, for a long time.
The 22 tiles set consist of 1 designs. Thanks to mineral paints, the Hand-painted Tiles are abrasion-resistant and even with deeper scratches the pattern is still visible because the colours are incorporated in the glazing. Each tile is first covered with an undercoat paint and then each colour is laid separately according to the design. After burning, the tiles obtain their final colours as well as high resistance.
Hand painted Talavera type tiles are made in a traditional technique in a place called Dolores Hidalgo in the region of Guanajuato in Mexico. The tiles of Talavera type also known as Majolica, or simply Azulejos from Spanish, are extremely popular not only in Mexico, but in the whole world, thanks to their unusual character, design and warm colours of the South. Painting the tiles by hand as well as the essence of the technique itself make individual colours differ in shade ( for instance yellow may have a tone of a light shade or come up to almost orange), the rims are not always of an ideal shape, thanks to which they acquire rustic character and originality. Each tile is unique.
|Tiles material||Ceramic tiles|
|Country of origin||Mexico|